Friday, June 28, 2013

Avon Nail Art for Summer - Get Nailed!


While reading my latest copy of "People Style Watch" magazine I came across an article that amazed me. According to a study done by "Women's Wear Daily" (the bible for fashion junkies) in 2012 , U.S. women spent 768 MILLION dollars on nail polish alone!!! That's $768,000,000.00. I know I certainly buy my fair share of polish but that amount of money is just unfathomable to spend on nail polish alone. Of course, most women never buy just one new color. They'll always buy a couple because something as simple as nail polish can literally change the look of an outfit.


Most nail polish can cost anywhere from $1.99 to over $20.00 a bottle in mass market retailers, department and cosmetic stores. Why anyone would spend $20.00 on a bottle of polish is beyond me and when I think about what a great bargain Avon nail polish is, it makes no sense at all! Avon's nail polish runs anywhere from $2.99 and $3.49 a bottle when on sale! Avon has so many colors and finishes in it's Nail Pro line and it has an up-dated 30 Second Speed Dry line that has many great, trendy colors. And don't forget the seasonal trend colors, too. All of the polish lines wear like crazy, too!


Look for the seasonal colors for summer 2013 like the 5 different Mega Watt brights, the Celestial line of polish with a new shine type to it and 10 colors to choose from. There's also new eye shadow and new eyeliner colors in that collection. The 4 Fiji colors for summer look great with a tan and can be used as one color or combined for a French tip look, all available in #13.There are two shadow duo's that match as well as a blush/bronzer in that line.


I bought all 10 of the colors from the Celestial line and 2 from the Fiji line and 4 from the Mega Watt collection. The Avon brochures themselves now offer tips and tricks for doing your own nail art (as well as makeup application info, too). I tried the latest mark magalog "Matchy Matchy" foiling technique for the Marakesh mini polishes (mint tea and saffron) and not only did it look great, that same technique will work on a multitude of other polish combinations. It's an easy Ombre' effect.


Avon now sells pre-made nail art sticker polish starting with Campaign 14. They come in a dozen or so trendy prints, some with "crystal" raised beads on them and they look great on! I did find out, while trying to apply to my own nails, that they don't do so well on acrylic nails but should work fine on natural nails. They are easy to apply once you get the hang of it, although they do tend to curl when you peel them off the clear backing but can be easily fitted by following the instructions.


Now is the time to stock up on some great summer colors and it's so easy to do nail art at home. You can buy nail strips for doing French manicures at most drug stores or Wal-mart stores which makes it easy to wear two colors at all times! I do this every time I change my polish, I have so many wonderful colors how could I wear just one at a time? Right now I have Mega Watt in Pop on my nails and the Fiji collection Tropical Teal on the tips and they look great together.


Have fun experimenting on your own and find out just how fun and easy that do-it-yourself nail art can be! It's not only for summer, you can do nail art all year long. Once you get started, it's hard to ever go with one color of polish again.


Nail art is huge right now! With July 4th coming up soon, you'll find examples in both Avon brochures and fashion magazines our U.S. flag nail art consisting of red and white strips on some nails and a solid blue background with silver or white stars on others. What a great way to show your patriotism this 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment